Eco Innovator March 2012
New Members for NSW Innovation and Productivity Council
Four new members have been appointed to the NSW Innovation and Productivity Council that advises the Government on proposed programs and initiatives to promote public and private sector innovation and productivity in NSW.
The new members are:
* Professor Janice Reid AM, Convenor of NSW Vice Chancellors' Committee, and Vice-Chancellor and President of University of Western Sydney,
* Dr Andrew Stoeckel, Founding Chairman of the Centre for International Economics,
* Patrick Maher, Chief Operating Officer for National Disability Services,
* Chris Roberts, Chief Executive Officer of Cochlear Ltd.
They will join the current members of the Council:
* Steven Harker (Chair), Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Morgan Stanley Australia,
* Catherine Livingstone AO, Chairman of Telstra Corporation,
* Hugh Durrant Whyte, Chief Executive Officer of NICTA,
* Greg Smith, Director of Screen Australia and Director of Object
* Mary O'Kane, NSW Chief Scientist and Engineer,
* Mark Paterson AO (Executive Member), Director General of NSW Trade & Investment.
The Council is supported by Special Advisors:
* Fred Hilmer AO, President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of NSW,
* Michelle Bruniges, Director General, Department of Education and Communities,
* Michael Coutts-Trotter, Director General, Department of Finance and Services,
* Kevin Cosgriff, Deputy Secretary, NSW Treasury,
* Vicki D'Adam, Deputy Director General, Department of Premier and Cabinet.
Search Eco Investor